Proxmox / Nginx Proxy Manager (Docker) / pfSense

Hello everyone, this is my first post here, and I hope I’m following all the rules correctly.

I’ve recently migrated my home network to use pfSense (I was previously using OPNsense). However, I’m running into issues getting the Nginx Proxy Manager to work with pfSense.

This is the general idea of my setup

Below, I’ve outlined my current settings. I hope this information might be useful, and I’m looking forward to any assistance to resolve my problem.

After all this configuration, if i hit my webserver address from WAN i got 522 error from Cloudflare

Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions to solve this misconfiguration!

First off Welcome… Second, my apologies for not responding more quickly. I was hoping someone else would maybe see this and respond, but I don’t have that many visitors so that was a long shot. :slight_smile: I’ll be honest, you have additional layers of complexity in your configuration that I have never dealt with in my setup. First, you’re using pfSense in a VM on Proxmox whereas I run it on hardware. Not the end of the world. From what I hear it works for a lot of people. Second you appear to be using cloudflare, which I have no experience with. However, I can give you some general advice that I would follow if trying to resolve the same issue. To start, remover the cloudflare equation. Can you from the internet, say from your phone on cellular not wifi at home, type in https://ipaddress and get to a hosted webpage? That would prove phase one, that pfsense is redirecting internally to any page. Then forward it to NGINX, and see if that works to bring you on to the right internal pages. Only after that all works, would I bring in connecting Domain redirection and cloudflare. Also, since you don’t mention it, Dynamic DNS is needed unless you have a static home IP address or that’s being aimed at Cloudflare… Not quite sure how that works actually.