Dell PowerEdge R620 Firmware

Hello Allen

I do have the Bootable ISO for R620, I think it’s the latest, not 100% sure.
PER620_BOOTABLE_20.07.00.153.iso

How do I upload it?

Hello, I looked in my EMC software and the 2.9.0 bios firmware was in my 2021 catalog. So I’ve output an ISO and will post it here. Don’t know if I missed your request for it, but with the old software I was still able to make it. Thanks for offering the one you made though.

Allen

1 Like

Here is the link to the R620 iso file with the 2.9.0 BIOS firmware.

https://www.allenscloud.com/nextcloud/s/HPrA2LwNggd3kNW

Hello Guys,

I would like to ask you for help. I bought dell server R620, mainly to learn about virtual machines and home server.

I updated bios to 2.9.0, without problems.

Now I want to update firmware.

1.) I saw how to do that via HTTPS, seems easy, but my idrac is in version 1.66.65 (build 07), so https is not supported.

2.) So, seems to me, that my way is to update idrac to version 2.63.60.62, which allow me to do as writen in step 1.

3.) Unfortunately, if I download dell repository manager, old repository from 2019 is not there, so I am not able to export this idrac versions to USB stick.

4.) So, my idea was to download all idrac versions from dell web and load it via idrac. I am not able to upload exe file, but after unzip to .d7 file, upload is possible.

4a.) So, I wanted to go with firmware versions step by step. Means, first I upload version 2.10.10.10. After instalation, I switch off power and unplug power cable for 1 min as described in many forums. Version 2.10.10.10 is there, but since that time, I am not able to upload nothing else. Every attempt ends with upload failed message.

4.b.) If I roll back to 1.66.65, upload is again possible.

5.) So I did as in every forum is explained as bad way, I upload directly idrac 2.63.60.62. It worked and finally, I have HTTPS option, so I am happy, now will be easy.

6.) Shit, repository for R620 is no longer in downloads.dell.com, I an in same situation as before, all previous steps for nothing.

Guys, please, what can I do to update whole firmware? I went to the end of my ideads.

Thx,
L.

Hello,

I downloaded My ISO directly from Dell when it was still available a few years ago.

It contains all the possible firmwares for the PER620 (PERC, idrac, network, HDD, etc) and automatically updates everything that can be updated. It seems to contain the latest available versions.

So, that’s the only way I updated all the firmwares.

I don’t know for Allan’s ISO, created with the EMC software; does it only contains BIOS 2.9.0?

Hi, thank you, I tried this ISO but it does not work for me.

I already solved that. I find unoficial FTP for update. Works perfectly. See below:

1 Like